Headache Avoidance Checklist - Woodland Hills Dental Practice
Woodland Hills Dental Practice - TMJ and Sleep Apnea Dentist - Dr. Dan P. Hilton
1. Diet Instructions(e.g., do not miss meals)-hypoglycemia triggers migraine and ETTH.
2. Wear sunglasses outside-bright light simulation triggers migraine.
3. Icepacks applied where the headache hurts-cooling decreases pain and nerve activity.
4. Posture Awareness-watch your neck posture so that your cervical spine is in a neutral position.
5. Ergonomic changes to your workplace-it is important to raise the level of your desk so your neck is not as flexed; use a speaker phone and avoid bending your neck when using the telephone.
6. Daily stretching of your neck muscles-every two hours perform neck stretching exercises to reduce pain fiber activity and tension in your neck.
7. Alcohol, tobacco and caffeine avoidance or moderation-these drugs can trigger headaches; however if you are a daily user of these agents abrupt cessation of these drugs can trigger a withdrawal headache, so in this case moderation of drug use is appropriate.