Dan P Hilton, D.D.S.
Dr. Hilton is a graduate of the UCLA School of Dentistry, practicing in the Los Angeles area since 1985. He is an active member of the American Dental Association, the American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine, the American Academy of Orofacial Pain, and the American Dental Society of Anesthesiology. He was a participant of the local dental society, Peer Review Committee for over fifteen years, including a position as Chairman for a four year tenure.
Dr. Hilton practices general dentistry with a special emphasis on all aspects of relaxation and sedation dentistry.
He is California State Board Certified in Intravenous and Oral Conscious Sedation from UCLA, thereby, being proficient in all aspects of dental anesthesia and emergency preparedness, lending a safe environment to this specialized technique. He is the only restorative dentist, in the 50 year history of the California Dental Society of Anesthesiology, on the distinguished anesthesia BOARD, furthering the development of safety protocol and training in the procedural aspects of dental sedation.
His career focus has emphasized cosmetic dentistry, dental restoration implant dentistry, and comprehensive dental rehabilitation with a multidisciplinary approach. His involvement in the planning of complicated treatment for his dental patients, with a multitude of dental specialists, has earned him great respect in his professional community. In addition, Dr. Dan P Hilton has specialized training, from the UCLA School of Dentistry Department of Oral Medicine, in the management of sleep disorders, with an emphasis on the treatment of snoring and sleep apnea. He completed, in 2011, a comprehensive residency in the field of Orofacial Pain, TMJ Disorders, and headaches at the UCLA Dental Department of Oral Medicine. This included further advanced training in dental sleep medicine. He continues to actively participate in the UCLA Sleep Medicine and Orofacial Pain Study Club since its inception in 2013, along with his ongoing affiliation with the American Academy of Orofacial Pain. In 2020 Dr. Hilton completed advanced training on the pandemic, furthering his practice renovation to provide ultra safe measures for us all. For this year 2021 Dr. Hilton, with vaccination, will be participating on further advanced restortive and cosmetic rehabilitation coursework.
Dr. Hilton was born and raised in the San Fernando Valley, and resides in the local area. He graduated in 1981 from California State University Northridge, with Summa Cum Laude honors, before moving on to UCLA for his dental curriculum. Outside of his daily active practice, Dr. Hilton spends important time with his family. He finds enjoyment cycling, hiking, kayaking, and scuba diving. His diving has taken him on journeys from the Caribbean to the South Pacific.
- University of California, Los Angeles School of Dentistry June, 1985
- National Board/State Board Dental Certification June, 1985
- TMJ Residency/UCLA School of Dentistry Senior Year 1984/1985
- Oral Conscious Sedation State Board Certification August, 2006
- Intravenous Conscious Sedation State Board Certification August, 2006
- Advanced Cosmetic Dentistry Education/USC 1986,1987,1988/UCLA 1994,2000
- Implant Study Club/NobelBiocare/Spear Study Club 1992 to present
- Oral Conscious Sedation Advanced Education/DOCS 2003,2004,2005
- IV Conscious Sedation Residency/UCLA 2006
- Dental Sleep Medicine Residency/UCLA 2008/2013
- TMJ/Orofacial Pain/Advanced Dental Sleep Medicine Residency/UCLA 2011
- UCLA Sleep Medicine and Orofacial Pain Study Club 2013/2014/2015/2016/2017/2018/2019
- Active BOARD Member California Dental Society of Anesthesiology 2016/2017/2018/2019/2020/2021