A Smile To Impress! A few minutes with us can get you a noticeably whiter smile. Ask us how!
A pearly-white smile is beautiful to look at and can greatly improve self-confidence. Many people are opting for the Zoom!® Chairside Whitening System (Zoom!®) or QuickPro for fast, safe and effective teeth whitening. Zoom!® combines the newest advances in dental technology with proven chemical formulas. QuickPro offers an innovative affordable whitening solution that can be scheduled the same day alongside your regular cleaning appointment. Both techniques ensure that the bleaching experience is painless, and the results are satisfying.
There are many reasons why teeth become stained or discolored, including tobacco use, and drinking dark liquids such as red wine, coffee, tea and cola. However, the natural aging process and prescription medication use can also cause yellowing and graying.
There are literally hundreds of whitening treatments available in the marketplace, including take-home strips, bleaching toothpastes and take-home whitening gels. Many take-home gels are ineffective and may not elicit the desired results.
Zoom!® has many advantages over these other treatments, including:
- All teeth treated simultaneously.
- Faster treatment times.
- Longer lasting results.
- Reduced sensitivity with multiple "light" settings specially designed for sensitive teeth.
- Removal of stains on crowns, veneers and other restorations.
- Safe procedure and treatment.
- Treatments are performed by an experienced licensed professional in our office with advanced training.
- It is important to seek advice from our office prior to beginning a bleaching regime.
- Women who are pregnant or lactating should not seek bleaching treatment.
CALL US: (818) 347-3971 REQUEST APPOINTMENT
How does Zoom!® whiten the teeth?
Zoom!® is a bleaching process that lightens the dentin and enamel of the teeth. Zoom!® contains a hydrogen peroxide component (25%), which is the active ingredient in the gel. When hydrogen peroxide is applied to the teeth, the peroxide component breaks down into tiny oxygen bubbles. It is these bubbles that eliminate yellowing and staining.
A mercury metal halide light is used to activate the gel and expedite the whitening process. This specialized light contains a unique infrared filter that works to reduce the amount of heat (and therefore sensitivity) on the surface of the teeth during the procedure. The internal structure of the teeth remains completely healthy and intact during and after the treatment.
As with any whitening system, the post-treatment results can vary according to the degree of staining and the condition of the teeth. A consultation with our office prior to treatment will provide information as to what kind of results Zoom!® can provide in specific instances. Zoom!® is only applied to healthy teeth and gums. If tooth decay or gum disease is an issue, these need to be controlled before the bleaching treatment is performed.
How is the Zoom!® Treatment Performed?
Prior to treatment, there will be a consultation where Dr. Dan P. Hilton, Dr. Pariksha Gunnala and their cosmetic team will outline the exact procedure. On treatment day, a thorough polishing will be performed to rid the teeth of any debris and plaque. Then, special eye wear will be provided to protect the eyes from the halide light, along with a special lip retractor to protect the gums and any receded gum line areas on your teeth from the bleaching agent.
Here is a brief overview of the Zoom!® Procedure:
- Cheek retractors will be placed to expose the entire surface of the teeth.
- The gums will be painted or covered to reduce sensitivity.
- Our licensed professional (DDS or RDA) will apply the whitening gel to the teeth.
- The halide light will then be applied to activate the gel. This specialized Zoom!® light can be positioned to work on all the teeth simultaneously. The degree of light exposure can be varied based on sensitivity potential.
- After 15 minutes, gel will be removed from the teeth and the mouth will be rinsed.
- More gel will be applied for another 15 minutes.
- Again, the gel will be removed and the mouth will be thoroughly cleansed.
- The final treatment of gel will be applied for 15 minutes.
- The gel will be removed for the final time.
Here is a brief overview of the QuickPro Procedure:
- As above we isolate everything around your mouth to protect your teeth and gums.
- Then a "whitening varnish" is carefully applied to all of your teeth. Minutes later the QuickPro "sealant" is applied and then you are on your way. This patented sealant layer keeps the varnish from getting on to your soft tissue and the low volume formula leads to little to no sensitivity.
- Thirty minutes later you simply wipe it off, revealing a smile that can be several shades lighter. It is that SIMPLE!
Follow Up to Your Zoom!® treatment performed:
The same external factors that caused the discoloration in the first place can quickly work their way back onto the teeth. For this reason, our cosmetic team will recommend flossing once a day, thorough cleaning with anti-sensitivity toothpaste twice a day, and often brief follow up treatment with additional bleaching agents. These post-treatment measures will ensure that the smile stays at its whitest for a long time.
Do you have Questions about Zoom! Teeth Whitening techniques? Would you like to Begin your Zoom! Whitening or QuickPro Treatment?
If you have questions about Zoom! Teeth Whitening in Woodland Hills, or if you would like to request an appointment, please contact us. Dr. Dan P. Hilton, Dr. Pariksha Gunnala, and our Woodland Hills Cosmetic Team can show you how Zoom! Whitening can make your teeth several shades whiter in as little as one visit.
CALL US: (818) 347-3971 REQUEST APPOINTMENT